Saturday, March 1, 2014

Proud Moma

I love my boys to the moon and back 500 million times.  That is how we end each day.  They make me proud every single day.  They are two totally different boys with totally different interests and outlooks on life. 
Tonight was one of those nights that I was totally in awe of them and so proud of them that it brought me to tears.  Our church always has a Valentine banquet each year.  This year I got a call asking if my boys would be in the program.  The boys took on the challenge not really knowing what to expect because I really did not know what to expect.  At the first rehearsal we found out that they were playing the roles of two of the Von Trapp children from the Sound of Music.  It was just different snippets from the movie.  We had a couple of rehearsals and then the big snow hit and the banquet was postponed. (that is why I am writing about it today, March 1st)  We the boys did not miss a beat--They got on that stage with over 100 people watching them and they did a wonderful job.  They are only 5 and 7 so I was not real sure what they might do. My 5 year old is very bashful at times and tends to hang on to me at church not wanting to go into his classroom.  So the question was--Will Brayden go on stage at all???  Well he was pretty excited, so excited, that he woke me up at 6:15 this morning to tell me that it was SHOW DAY and he wanted to know how much longer until show time.  Well he had a good twelve hours to wait but he watched the clock all day and told me every hour the time so we would not be late.  Both boys did a wonderful job, so wonderful that I caught myself with tears in my a couple of times.  I am always proud of my boys but tonight was one of thos shining proud moma nights.



                                      



 
 
Such a fun night with my boys!!  I love them to the moon and back 500 million times and tonight I am 500 million times proud of them!!!


.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn! My email is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete